Basic Lawn Care Classes
The Basic Lawn Care Classes are intended for people who are new to caring for a home lawn or are looking for some basic information about home lawns. Participants will learn the bare basics about soil, types of grasses, weeds in the lawn and caring for grass using non-technical language. The two classes will be offered, Growing Great Grass and Dealing With Lawn Weeds. To Register please click on the request more information on the right for Dates, Times and Locations or call 484-645-4707
· Basic soil information applicable to lawn care Horticulture>Lawn-Owner Program.
* Identifying soil characteristics and properties
* Taking a soil test
* Why soil improvement is important
Types of lawn grasses for The Main Line Area
* What are “cool season” and “warm season” grasses?
* Pros and cons of different grasses
* Grasses for problem areas
Growing a Healthy “Green” Lawn
* Preparing and planting a lawn
* Caring for cool season lawns
* Caring for warm season lawns
* Choosing and applying fertilizers
* Watering the lawn
* Pest management options
* Dealing with lawn weeds
Struggling to have a healthy, green lawn? This class will cover the basics of caring for your home lawn in Main Line Area.
Improving your soil
Selecting the right grass
Planting a new lawn
Fertilizing, mowing, and watering
Dealing with insect and disease problems
Cost of the class is $10. You can pay at the door.
This web site is dedicated to my Grandmother Mrs. Patience Sloan of Philadelphia, Pa.
She could grow anything. We would go to Longwood Gardens, Waterloo Gardens and Plants Shows when I was little. Her ashes are here in our flower bed next to the pond.
I wish all of you had a chance to meet her.
She now helps God, with his gardens!
Passed away at the age of 95, in 1998.